By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg Girls' soccer team will play No. 14 Zionsville in the Bulldogs' regular season finale. The match is Senior Night for the program as the Bulldogs will honor the seven members of their senior class.
Brownsburg is 7-5-3 (1-3-2 in HCC) coming into the matchup
- Brownsburg went 1-1 last week, defeating No. 6 Center Grove 2-0 at home and falling to Westfield 1-0 on the road
- Last Sunday, the IHSAA announced the pairings for the upcoming Girls Soccer State Tournament; Brownsburg will take on Mooresville in their sectional opener.
- Brownsburg comes into the night on a six-match unbeaten streak when playing at home; the Bulldogs have a 4-1-2 record at home this season
- The shutout of Center Grove was Alanna Dixon's fifth clean sheet of the 2019 season; she allowed a single goal in 160 minutes of action last week
- Jayden Gibson's goal against Center Grove was her first of the 2019 season
- Fifteen different players have scored a goal this season for Brownsburg
Senior Night Ceremonies
With the 2019 regular season coming to a close, seven Brownsburg players will suit up for the final home game of their high school careers. Senior Night ceremonies will take place before the start of the match.
In their time with the Bulldogs, this year's senior class has helped author a remarkable turnaround of the Girls' soccer program.
Since their freshman years, Brownsburg has posted a 39-21-9 record and advanced in the sectional each year. In the four years prior, (2012-2015) the program went 15-43-10.
Next week, the group will look to bring Brownsburg its first IHSAA girls soccer sectional championship since 2012 when state tournament play kicks off.
About the Eagles
Zionsville comes into the match with a 9-6 record (3-3 in HCC). The Eagles fell to No. 2 Carmel 3-1 in their last matchup and are currently on a three-game skid.
On the 2019 season, Zionsville has scored 30 goals and allowed 22 goals. Both of those numbers rank in the bottom half of the HCC.
Seven different players have scored a goal this season for Zionsville. They are led by Sadie Graham who has 9 goals.
Abigail Iler, who scored the Eagles' lone goal against Carmel, has scored 7 goals.
Since 2010, Brownsburg is 3-4-2 against Zionsville. The Bulldogs have won the last two matchups in the series.
Last season, Taelyn Hendrickson scored a pair of goals as Brownsburg defeated Zionsville 2-1.
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay posted to brownsburgathletics.com for updates and info form the matchup